Monday, May 4, 2009

Standing Indian

Well we had quite a horrendous night last night. I mean horrendous with a capital H.

It started when I almost had enough coals to cowboy cook an awesome steak I had ready. I even had a sweet rock to cook it on. Out of the blue it started raining something feirce. We ran and jumped in our tents to wait it out, and 15 mins later levated started yelling his tent floor was alive. He had somehow become swarmed with bugs everywhere. These weren't normal bugs, but some kind of tiny fleas or something. He killed thousands and they relentlessly kept coming. He finally gave up and fell asleep with his new tent mates.

I awoke at 3am with my tent going nuts with rain. Just pouring. Amazingly the lunar solo was dry in the middle of the tent. So I was ok. The edges of the bag got a little wet but nothing big.

The morning found more rain but nothing to daunting. So we forged ahead to standing indian shelter. It wound up being a pretty slow day. We crashed with some guys from the college of charleston in the shelter that night.

More in a bit.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

2 comments:

  1. Poor Levitatian.....you guys sure it isn't just a wicked flashback? I find that sometimes the spiders aren't really there after all....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gawd...where are you guys??? Did you fall off the edge of the Earth or sumpin?

    ReplyDelete