Sunday, April 12, 2009

First Week of Prep

It has been a long first week of working out, testing out old gear, tracking oz's and putting together the perfect lightweight pack list. But admittedly it has been a ton of fun!

So my buddy Levated told me last week he was hitting the Appalachian Trail, possibly all of it. I started thinking, I remember Boy Scouts camping with my external frame pack... All 40 + pounds of it! We never sat and took into account any form of weight management, and our feet certainly felt it! I did a 2 day hike in scouts with my camp chair attached to the back of my pack. My pack fully loaded probably weighed more than I did.

Nonetheless when he told me he was able to get his pack weight down to a little less than 30lbs fully loaded with 6 days of food or so I admittedly thought he was crazy. No camp chair?? And your pack has NO FRAME??? WTH MAN???

After a few explanations I started to beleive too. A pack under 2lbs... A tent as well. Pad almost a lb.... Wow...

Over the next few days I put together this pack list below. This list spares almost no expense, except for items maybe I already had. The jacket could have gotten lighter, but mine works good enough.

Click Here for my Gear List

No comments:

Post a Comment