Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sleeping Pad - Therm-a-Rest NeoAir

Therm-a-Rest NeoAir

Initial Thoughts: This came out just 3 weeks before my trip. I blew it up and it is absolutely soft and nice. It will also serve as my stays/padding in between myself and the pack. My pack has a seperate pocket to put the pad in.

So far with all my gear loaded up, I have found it comfortable to keep the the pad slightly filled with air. It has made a very nice and soft padding for my pack.

The real savings here is the sub 1lb weight (about 14 oz to be exact). This really cut about a lb off the pack weight over any other air mattress. If you want to do the foam pads then go for it, but they just don't give you the insulation these airmatresses do. And if you awake to the slightest noise or the tiniest pea then this is what you need.

A warning, this mattress is probably NOT too durable. So as I will, take caution in clearing your ground of sharp objects.

No comments:

Post a Comment