Sunday, April 19, 2009

Gear Details



It took about 2 full weeks but I have finally assembled everything I set out to get. If you take a look at my gear list, I have listed all the items I purchased and then a few links for you to purchase them as well.

An important thing to remember is I was able to put together all of these items at once. Maybe you have a sleeping bag thats 6oz more, or long undies that come in 1oz more. I think its easy to obsess on having the absolute minimum but you also have to remember what will make you happy at the end of the day. Your eating freeze dried foods.. maybe some hotsauce will help.. How about a nice mixture of spices to liven it up.

At the end of the long hiking day, bring stuff you want to use. That doesn't mean bring the kitchen sink, but bring stuff that will make YOU happy. I like fresh socks, infact I can't stand them not being clean. Drives me nuts. So I bring enough so I will have clean socks without worry.

Here is a few pictures of everything laid out.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooh I simply adore those pink flip flops. Fashionistas be advised...treat the Appalacian Trail as if were the streets of Milan and you will NEVER go wrong! Those hot little numbers put the word 'packing' back into 'backpacking' if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You like those? I made them with my old boot insoles, saving about 5 ounces over regular footwear. I knew the pink straps would get some attention! My hope is when yogi comes he will die laughing before he gets my food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That also goes for any psycho rednecks I might run into on the trail.

    ReplyDelete